\Note: Marriott Vacation Club International stays do not count toward elite-level membership. As of 1/1/2009, nights stayed at Vacation Clubs by MVC owners, do count.
Silver: For members who stay at least 10 nights at participating Marriott Rewards hotel partners within 12 months. Benefits include:
- 20% bonus on base points.
- Toll-free express reservations.
- Reservations guarantee.
- Priority room selection and priority late checkout.
- 10% weekend discount at participating Courtyard and SpringHill Suites locations.
- US$200 check-cashing privilege. (Discontinued as of April 1st, 2009)
- 10% gift shop discount.
Gold: For members who stay at least 50 nights at participating Marriott Rewards hotel partners within 12 months. Benefits include the above listed, plus:
- 25% bonus on base points.
- Upgrade to best available accomodations, subject to availability at check-in.
- Access to Concierge Lounge or free continental breakfast where available.
- US$500 check-cashing privilege. (Discontinued as of April 1st, 2009)
- Free local phone calls and fax service at participating locations in the U.S. and Canada.
- Exclusive offers mailed throughout year.
Platinum: For members who stay at least 75 nights at participating Marriott Rewards hotel partners within 12 months. Benefits include the above listed, plus:
- 50% bonus on base points.
- Guaranteed availability 48 to 72 hours before arrival at participating locations.
- Complimentary snacks and beverages upon arrival in room at participating locations.
Note - Elite benefits are honored even on stays that do not earn points/nights credit.
The top 3% of members are assigned Platinum Premier status around January 15th of each year, and notified by letter. There is no actual given threshold, such as "stay over 120 nights per year", There are no additional described benefits over Platinum except members are flagged as VIP on check-in and given "additional consideration" by hotel management and staff during their stay. There is also a dedicated Platinum Premier number available to these members. Renewal of Platinum Premier status requires you to be in the top 3% again.