Booking Classes (UA)
These are the booking classes or fare class codes used by United Airlines to identify the classes of service and restrictions on each type of ticket.
By alphabetical order
- A = Discounted Fare First Class. Round The World First is booked in this class.
- B = Almost Full Fare Economy with minimal restrictions - also used Star * RTW
- C = Full Fare Unrestricted Business Class
- D = Discounted Fare Business - used also on all "Business" Class Star RTW fares
- E = Some low web/discount fares from early 2005. Now officially elevated to above H class!
- F = Full Fare Unrestricted First Class
- G = Travel Industry Economy Class fares
- H = Higher level Economy Class with few restrictions. Some "RTW" coach is H
- I = Business Class STAR AWARD TICKET (Booked as 'XC' class on UA)
- J = Paid Business Class
- K = Seasonal Economy Promotional Fares/Reduced Fare Gov’t contract etc
- L = Discount Fare Economy with a lot of restrictions
- M = Almost Full Fare Economy with few restrictions
- N = Economy Class UA AWARD TICKET (Booked as 'NY' class on UA; available only to super-elite)
- O = First Class STAR AWARD TICKET (Booked as 'XF' class on UA)
- P = Premium USA Transcon First Class on 3 classers
- Q = Discount Economy with moderate restrictions.
- S = Real Lowball coach with lot of restrictions. Reports that some are not mile earning ex UK/Brazil etc.
- T = Heavy discount Fare Economy - often with a lot of restrictions
- V = Discount Fare Economy often with a lot of restrictions
- W = Discount Fare Economy often with many restrictions
- X = Economy Class STAR AWARD TICKET (Booked as 'XY' on UA)
- Y = Full Fare unrestricted Economy class
- Z = Heavily discounted Business Class - generally NOT upgradeable.
( * = Applies to THREE class equipment. In TWO class equipment, upgrading from coach to First is also in "NF" class. Two class aircraft [at present!] only run on North American routes. "Two class upgrades" are officially not allowed for paying pax - i.e. nothing one can do - whether with miles, and/or coupons of any kind will "officially" take you from paid coach to First on a THREE class aircraft.)
Source(s): Booking Classes
By pecking order
The order is defined in United's contract of carriage.
- First class: F, P, A
- Business class: C, D, Z
- Coach class: Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q, V, W, S, T, K, L, G