This basic level is for those who are members of Gold Passport, but have not qualified for either Platinum or Diamond.
At some hotels, especially larger hotels, there are separate hotel floors or rooms for Gold Passport" members. These usually are similar to ordinary rooms in size and furnishing, but are often higher up in the building (or closer to hotel amenities) than the ordinary rooms for those guests who are not members of Gold Passport.
Also, some hotels have a separate check-in/lobby area for any Gold Passport member, even for one at the Gold level. Most hotels do not have this, but some do, especially outside North America.
For members who stay 15 nights or 5 stays during a calendar year.
- 15% point bonus per stay.
- Exclusive Platinum reservation and account service line.
- 1-800-243-2546 (CHECK-IN) to obtain room number, when available, at 9 a.m. local hotel time on the day of arrival.
- Transfer awards to the person of your choice.
- No fee for in-room Internet access.
- Platinum Extras certificate after every third stay good for a choice of a Regency/Grand Club upgrade, a complimentary amenity or bonus points for dining.
- Redeem a hotel award for any available room within the award room type for additional points with Passport Plus Awards. Passport Plus Awards require an additional 60% point redemption on any hotel free night award being redeemed. Passport Plus Awards may be redeemed for any hotel award, provided the room type at the requested hotel is not sold out. This award is subject to reservation requirements.
For members who stay 50 nights or 25 stays during a calendar year.
Benefits include those listed above, plus:
- 30% point bonus per stay.
- Complimentary upgrades to Regency/Grand Club accomodations or next best available room, based on availability at check-in.
- Check-cashing privileges up to US$500 per stay.
- Exclusive Diamond reservations and account information line.
- Special welcome amenity.
- Four Guaranteed Diamond Suite upgrades per year - each for up to seven nights.
- Access to Regency/Grand Club Lounge, even if a Regency/Grand Club room is not available.
- Guaranteed room availability with 72 hours notice.
- Complimentary breakfast is provided, where Regency Club or Grand Club is not available or at Hyatt Resorts where club access is not available.